EMBRACING MY LIFE WITH FAITH

Walking with God is a daily adventure! There are days when you feel completely safe in His arms and encased in His love and provision. There are some days when you wonder "Where are You God?" as you see events unfold in your personal life or in the world that just don't make sense. This is a blog and diary of my journey in life... walking in faith... and knowing that no matter how shattered my heart is that God is GOOD, yes, ALL THE TIME, and I praise God that He is SOVEREIGN and even when nothing in life seems to make sense and I feel very alone and in the dark, I can ask God to take my hand and walk me through it and He is true and He is just and He is loving and He will NEVER let go of my hand.

Friday, January 2, 2009

WORD FOR THE DAY: WATER


Peter Greenlaw is a nationally recognized nutritional cleansing coach that speaks all over the United States, and he just spent an hour with me sharing some of the best secrets he's learned as he's helped hundreds of people reach their weight loss goals.

The first thing he wanted to share was that I must drink WATER!! He said that the root cause of EVERY disease is long-term unintentional dehydration! In addition, he said that most people who struggle with obesity are SEVERELY DEHYDRATED!

Peter went on to say that it is ESSENTIAL that I drink 1/2 of my body weight in ounces of water! Now, let me just say... that's a whole lot more than the typical 8 - 8 oz. glasses of water!! THAT'S ASSUMING THAT YOU DRINK NO OTHER LIQUID! If you drink ONE CUP of coffee, you must add an additional 64 ounces of water to your daily intake! (I'm saying goodbye to Starbucks!) ALSO, if you drink ONE CUP of tea, you must add an additional 32 ounces of water to your daily intake! I'm feeling water-logged just typing this! :)

For those of us who feel sluggish and wish you had extra PEP... Peter said that food is not what gives you energy - water gives us energy! If I continue to drink that much water, I will be ABOUNDING with energy... which is what I'll need for all the trips I'll be making to the Ladies Room!

So, my FIRST STEP towards my weight loss goals is to drink water... and more water... and more water! :)

"Lord God, You alone are my stength! I thank You that you are equipping me to stay committed to getting healthy. I thank you that You are bringing people and information to me to give me the knowledge I need to learn how to eat healthy. Lord, I thank you that you are making my body have a THIRST FOR WATER... and not sugary softdrinks with empty calories! Father, give me the FOCUS that I need to implement all that I am learning.

Most of all, precious Father, I DO BELIEVE IN YOU!! I am no longer looking at the mountain of obesity in my life as something to be feared! I say to that mountain, (finger pointed and shouting with passion!) MOVE OVER and let me tell you how BIG MY GOD IS!!"


I'm feeling like that Lioness today! :)

No comments: