EMBRACING MY LIFE WITH FAITH

Walking with God is a daily adventure! There are days when you feel completely safe in His arms and encased in His love and provision. There are some days when you wonder "Where are You God?" as you see events unfold in your personal life or in the world that just don't make sense. This is a blog and diary of my journey in life... walking in faith... and knowing that no matter how shattered my heart is that God is GOOD, yes, ALL THE TIME, and I praise God that He is SOVEREIGN and even when nothing in life seems to make sense and I feel very alone and in the dark, I can ask God to take my hand and walk me through it and He is true and He is just and He is loving and He will NEVER let go of my hand.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

EXERCISE OBSTACLES / CHALLENGES

As I near the end of my first cleanse day, I’ve been thinking about EXERCISE. You know, I really don’t like exercising. I don’t like getting sweaty, and I don’t like the time it takes to get a good workout ~ because that means that I’m giving up something else that I would enjoy doing much more!

“Lord, help me find an exercise I LOVE doing… or one that I would ENJOY doing… ok, one that I can TOLERATE!”

You’ve heard me say it before… but, I must say it again. God is so GOOD! He has the perfect way of bringing you the exact scripture from His Word… the inspiration… or maybe just a good ‘ol “kick in the behind” that you need at just the right time!

Tonight, I received an email from a friend and in it he included a link about a young man named Nick Vujicic. He is 25 years old and was born without arms or legs and given no medical reason for his condition. Faced with countless challenges and obstacles, God has given Nick the strength to surmount what others might call impossible. God has taken Nick’s life, one that others might disregard as having any significance and filled him with His purpose and plans to move hearts and lives toward Him ~ which Nick has been used to turn millions of hearts toward God all across the globe!

The YouTube movie shows how he gets through his day doing everyday tasks such as turning on the light to his room, brushing his hair, brushing his teeth, getting a drink of water… even fixing breakfast WITHOUT ARMS AND LEGS!!

It’s not that he has NEVER had a complaint or a tearful conversation with God… he has… but, through the PROCESS he has built an amazing character. You can see the love of God just oozing from his beautiful smile!

I sat watching the clip(s) – I watched everyone that I could find – completely mesmerized by his story.

“Lord, please forgive me for complaining!”

Here’s the link for you to watch one of the clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9jbkZufH9k&feature=related

Get your tissues ready. Ask God to speak to your heart about what you are about to watch. God has given you a dream… He has plans and a purpose for your life… what are the obstacles/challenges that you face that’s holding you back from moving forward? Watch the clip… you’ll be embarrassed that you ever called it an obstacle!

I know I did.

Moving forward… Sharon

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

macrobin said...

Sharon, that is very true! In order to be successful at this, you must make everything (what you put in your mouth and what you DO) a daily routine that you can live with FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! If you don't this will only be a 'diet' and you will feel deprived and possibly again fail. The reasons diets don't work is because we view them as a 'diet' and it is the 'quickest fix' possible to get off extra weight. Then we feel deprived and 'binge' and fall off the wagon - sometimes for quite a while. And as far as exercise, I remember before my surgery I wanted to exercise but really couldn't get around too well. So, I would just MOVE and dance (as little as I could do it at the time) to music! I couldn't really 'exercise' so I tried to do anything FUN that my body would allow me to do with the extra weight. And it was FUN and I did it until the weight started coming off and then I could do more strenuous exercise like Jazzercize (which I still do today). An exercise should be something you LOVE to do not something that is tolerated or it will never work!